Oct 4, 2023
It is the October To Do List, and that means it is a very busy time in the garden. Clean up from summer vegetables and prepping for fall and winter. The days are cooler, but shorter – which means you have to work efficiently and hard. Episode includes Listener Q&A, with topics listed below.
It is time to plant:
· Fava beans
· Bok choy
· Swiss chard
· All perennials, bulbs
· Clean up vegetable beds (prevent diseases), mess from fruit trees
· Collect seeds
· Divide plants such as grasses, iris
Listener Q&A section. Topics covered include:
· What to do about aphid infestation on large trees
· Lemon tree – producing fruit, but leaves are very pale
· Succulents – fertilizer?
· Best time of year to prune cherry tree
· Tomato plants – to compost or not?
Help support feral cat rescue/spay-neuter/finding good homes by contributing at Flower Power Garden Hour Patreon.
To ask questions for future shows, submit them at: